Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Personal Photo Challenge-Lake Niven at Bernheim Forest Abotorium



Theme today is
water.



Beautiful Lake Nevin in 
Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest.
About 10 miles from my home.
A wonderful place to picnic, ride bikes, walk the trails and visit nature in all it's glory.
Was able to get this shot with my zoom lens. No photoshop done here.
I particularly like the reflections in this shot.

This was shot at the Marina at Beaver Lake as we were leaving the lake.
The boat is where my brother and his wife live.
WE rode in the boat for sigh seeing but my brother and wife will fish at night til early a.m.
I love the sun on the trees in the distance as it is close to dusk.
Again I like the reflection for the balance it gives the photo. 


Join other challengers
2nd Saturday of each month.



4 comments:

Donna said...

What a lovely composition of such a tranquil spot! I really like how the background of the bench is lighter, which really lets it stand out in the foreground. Now, did you bring us some snacks to munch on while we sit a while and rest, LOL? Thanks for joining in on the challenge, Peggy!

Vee said...

Wonderful...it really looks like a beautiful place to picnic and enjoy...beautiful compositions.

Donna said...

What a Lovely shot of the bench!! I would love to carry a book there and just rest...All are lovely shots!
hughugs

Lorrie said...

Beautifully peaceful shots. Water can be so restful. I can just imagine sitting on the bench and watching the water.