Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Traveling and finding treasures with Tom.


Tom's photo




In our town we have this Civil War Museum and also a Woman's Civil War Museum


The museum sits on a hill just above Bardstown Village.

There is always something going on here .
Folks come and  stay and set up little shops that represent what a village would look like around the Civil War Time and other demonstrate trades.
Making brooms, flint making, weaving. There is a mill there that runs down the creek seen to the right.
Yearly there is a Civil War enactment and many of the folks in town take part in this.






Something going all every week-end our town.

Linking up with Tom's Treasures

here








5 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

I had to google where Bardstown is. We drive down that way sometimes.

My Little Home and Garden said...

That would be an interesting place to visit,Peggy. I enjoy seeing how people lived years ago.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Glad some of those buildings remain as they were. I'm sure it's buzzing during enactments.

Tom said...

How Neat! The Civil War was a divisive time in our history, but reenactments are popular. Thanks Peggy for sharing this week and please hurry back soon.

Aritha V. said...

Great. I had to google too. Interesting! I've read this: authentic village of ten log cabins 150-200 years old ;-)