Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Friday, April 22, 2016

What touched my soul this week.



Something that touched my soul this week.


Prince, the multi -talented performer, was found dead in the last few days.

I was not a real fan but have heard most of his music and will not deny he was very talented.

I liked a few of his recordings, I suppose I heard them when our children were younger.
I remember painting this and calling it 

Purple Rain

just because of the popularity of the song.

When I read he had died I dug around and found this painting.
 
 I was just learning how to paint ribbons and put that flip on things. Giving it a 2 dimensional look.

He was very creative and knew music inside and out. Could play many different instruments and was reported to be sought after for collaboration with many musicians.

He was only 57.
We had a death in our family this week also.
My only living relative from my father's family of orgin.
My Aunt Martha, my father's youngest sister died at age 101.

Her mind was as sharp as a tack, she was blind but nothing keep her from visiting with friends and family and she could remember even when I was a little girl just born.
She laid down for a nap and did not wake up.
A blessing since she had told me she was ready any time God was.
I have that same feeling and know that there are worse things than death.
57 is too young to die, 101 is not.

RIP
Aunt Marth
and 
Prince

Linking up with A Soulful Life


 

1 comment:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Wonderful post. I was wondered at first if your picture was a self-portrait! It is lovely! Have a grand day!