Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sadness mixed with pride and JOY





It is a very sad day in our town today.
Has been for nearly a week since the ambush and murder of one of our police officers.

The funeral is today.
Our town is inundated with police and sheriff cars from all over the state.


 Cruisers from the north arriving for the funeral.




Highways and streets lined with flags.


Large sums of money donated for the reward to find the perpetrators.

The Family

  It is a sad day but there is JOY in the pride and the care that the entire community has given to the family and to Jason's department family.

We are all affected.
May he rest in Peace, Amen. 

Go here to share more JOY



4 comments:

Vee said...

May good somehow come from this. So very sad. May his family know comfort and the community, too, as you set upon this grieving work. And may the guilty be found!

Renee said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet good-bye and for visiting me at Doorkeeper. Blessings!

Rudee said...

It's my biggest worry for my son, that someone will think nothing of taking his life just because he is a police officer. My heart goes out to this officer's family and larger community.

Meri said...

What a sad state of affairs -- and I hope the community continues to rally around this young family that's lost its father and husband.