Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yarn bombing rocks


I had been reading about yarn bombing for some time so decided to try it for a little gift.
I think it got it's start in Germany. It is called yarn graffiti .
I you look on google images you will find trees, buses, buildings and any thing imaginable wrapped in yarn.

It is crocheting over an object, mostly folks use rocks.

I just started crocheting and decreasing the rows and fitted it around my rock.

 



After covering the rock you pull the yard tight in order to stretch it over the rock and close it in the back.






Decided to make it into a little birthday token for one of our grands.



I placed a pretty gold button in the center and put two gold rings and a tiny copy of their wedding picture in this old locket and attached them with a gold cord.


One of my painting class friends owns a little newspaper with a set of lips for her logo.

She gave each of us a little Valentine with the lips logo on it.

I have attached mine to my purse to put my keys on when I leave my car.

Each week in her little newspaper she hides a pair of lips in one of the ads and if you can find them you can win a prize. 

You might find her paper on FB as 
Simply Put.
Full of stories, jokes recipes and neat ideas.

Go here for some fun things with Kathe with an E



  

2 comments:

Maggid said...

Until this very moment I had not heard of "yarn bombing." You have my imagination off and running, my face grinning and my heart happy i stopped by -
love & love,
-g-

Vee said...

I've seen those in some people's decor and wondered about them. What a nice paperweight it would make!