Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Share the Joy Thursday



After taking a couple of weeks off from my new job I went back to a case on Wednesday. A kindly 90+ gentleman with parkinson's
The family had called and asked for me specifically.
Wow did that make me feel good.
Five hours to help him get up, fix his breakfast and do his laundry etc.

 As there were only a few pieces I decided, since it was a beautiful day, to hang them outside on the clothesline.

Clotheslines are not allowed in my neighborhood.

As I hung the clothes in the fresh country air I felt such JOY to be out and able to help others and to soak up the fresh air. 
They have a clothes dryer but I wanted to take the chance to save the family a little energy and to infuse the freshness of nature into the clothes.
His daughter was pleased with the nice smell of the towels.
Such small things I share my JOY with you.

Go here for more JOY sharing.



3 comments:

Vee said...

I am not in the least surprised that you were specifically requested. That is pretty special. Ahhhh...fresh, line-dried clothes...sweetness.

Meri said...

With your big heart, I'm not surprised either. And it always gives me a big smile to see laundry flapping in the breeze. It's pretty rare in the Pacific Northwest -- forbidden in my neighborhood.

Kim Mailhot said...

I just recently had the joy of sleeping in sheets dried on the line. Nothing like it! How sweet that you brought that extra joy to this family!
Light and love to you.