Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Scallops with watermelon and fennel

Had our annual July birthdays dinner last night.
We celebrate five birthdays in July.
Daughter Rachel
Son John
Grand Jill
Grand Nikki
Grand Dylan

John does not celebrate at this particular dinner since we call it girl's night out and Dylan is over 1000 miles from us.

 Top from left Nikki, Jennifer, Julia, Cindy, Jill
Front Beth and QMM
Julia, Jennifer and Beth are our daughters.
the other three are grands, Jennifer's daughters.
Rachel could not make it.
Missed her so, since her birthday was the 14th.
A fine dining place called
60 West in the city.

I had my usual scallops
They were served on pickled watermelon and Mandarin oranges.
Absolutely delicious
Asparagus
Fennel
Fingerling potatoes.
2 Margatinis
(Margarita in a Martini glass.)

Just a little Cheese cake.!!!!!!!!

Go here and have some more Fun on Tuesday

Kathe with an E has a new blog look.
WooHoo



3 comments:

Rudee said...

Happy July Birthdays to all!

The scallops sound and look delicious.

I had a salad the other day that had watermelon and heirloom tomatoes. The dressing was a lemon and vanilla vinaigrette. I thought it would either be the most disgusting salad, or the most wonderful with that vanilla dressing. Actually, it was sublime. Watermelon surprises me with its versatility. Had never thought of pairing it with scallops. Mmmm.

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations to the birthday gals.

marilyn said...

A good time had, that's for sure. The scallops look so delicious. Happy Birthday to all the July girls !!