Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunlit Sunday

I know Sunlit Sunday at My Little Home and Garden is on hold for the summer but I love the idea so I continue to use it.






This pot of Hens and Chicks have been in this pot for at least 10 years.
The pot is just plastic and pretty weather beaten.
I added a little fertilizer early in the spring and it has thrived.
Reminds me of myself.
What one sees  on the outside is not as important as what is on the inside.
Fertile dirt, good nutrition and love make up this little scene.
I love these plants.
I love my family and friends.
Have a beautiful Sunlit Sunday even if the sun is not shining in your neck of the woods.

Grands



5 of our chicks.
Don't know what Papaw is so pensive about.
He was probably tired of posing for photos.
Too bad.




4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hens and chicks would certainly thrive here. But that plastic pot would have cracked long ago. Sometimes they literally fall apart in my hands when I try to lift them. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your lovely family. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Great family pictures! I am just getting into the idea of succulents...yours are beautiful.

Rudee said...

Those are beautiful photographs! You have such a lovely family, QMM.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Good looking family- you are blessed!
I wish I could get hen and chicks to grow- never had any luck with it. I have such a terrible brown thumb.