Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Doing one of my favorite things day


Doing my thing day.



My first day back to paint class yesterday had me coming away with this start.


I know this has a long way to go to look like this.


No one knows how many layers of paint it takes to have a finished project like this.
I just hope I can manage it.


Now


This is probably my most favorite thing to do.
At least it is the one I have the most confidence in doing.
But it is very important doing the later years to continue learning new things.

The brain at rest stays at rest.
The brain that is active stays active.
Or something like that.

You know the story.





No one in this family has had a baby for several years and even though one grand daughter is married, there are no plans for a baby for awhile.

Our youngest daughter's best friend is expecting a baby girl any day now.
They have been friends since they were elementary students.
Our daughter was in her wedding.
She was the organist in our daughter's wedding.
I love this beautiful friend of my daughter.
Her name is Carman.
So finally I have a new baby to make a blanket for.

It is 48 x 32 inches and every stitch was made with love.
The beautiful mother-to-be, Carman, at any minute now, may have the beautiful little
Madeline Cade in her arms.





Now to wash it and block it.






With the remaining yarn, called Chenille, I am making a little bunting hat for her.
This yarn is just like what chenille bedspreads are made from.
It was hard to work with at first but as I got used to it I love it.
It is so soft. 


Now back to my baby crocheting.
Better get to tweeking that painting too.
We will hopefully finish it next week.



1 comment:

Rudee said...

The painting is beautiful!

I love knitting for babies. It's quick, efficient and very satisfying!