Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dull and sometimes just too usual. Poke myself and get over it.

My usual life and those unusual uplifting moments.

To use a Facebook term
I need to poke myself.
 Lets talk about.
SAD
Seasonal Affective Disorder.


Cabin Fever 
Whatever you want to call it, it can creep up on you.


But I can turn to my loved ones, who are plenty busy, and my blogging buddies and find one short comment that can lift my spirits.


Lab work done early this morning and MD appointment this afternoon.
I know what is going on, so no surprise this afternoon.

It is something that I can handle and only I can make the choices that keep my health on track.
But how wonderful to have such loving thoughts come across cyberspace to help keep my focus on the life in the "Golden Years." 

Having a hard time getting over hump day this week.
I miss working.
I miss being that nurse that I worked so hard to become.
Lord help me see my place in this pecking order.












6 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Amen!!! Considered yourself poked!!! (((HUGS))) Cathy

Vee said...

Ahhhh, you have me chuckling. Take care, my friend. I take Vitamin D myself (on doc's orders) because those levels are so very low as to be nearly non-existent. It doth improve my mood.

bj said...

Hi, DayLily....POKE #2

and hugs, bj

Unknown said...

I escaped SAD this winter because we had such an easy winter and as usual I had way too much going on...tomorrow we pull out in the motor home for St Louis then Memphis and on to La. to visit friends so no SAD this time....I know what it is to miss a career, sometimes...but mostly though, I don't miss it at all....another poke to you,,,,,and pinch yourself too, You are Blessed.

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you don't too sad with SAD. It's the bleak midwinter up here for sure.

Rudee said...

It's so mild here that it's hard to believe it is winter. Still, spring can't be far now, and I'm ready for the return of birds, flowers and grass. Yes, even the house flies are welcome, though I did see one of those the other day.

I hope you feel better.