Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mosaic Monday- All about Steampunk

Mosaic Monday

Oh the things you learn from blogging.
I started doing ATC (art trading cards) swaps over a year ago.
Up to that time I had never heard the word
Steampunk

I had during that year run across the term and did one based on Google research.

The month of January our hostess Wendy had a
WTA
(winner takes all) 
and I was the first winner of the draw.
I had chosen Steampunk for my preference of cards.
8 folks signed up.
That meant I would receive 7 swap cards from the other artists.



 Decided to use those cards for my mosaic this week.

Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Steampunk involves a setting where steam power is still widely used—usually Victorian era Britain or "Wild West"-era United States—that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology, or futuristic innovations as Victorians might have envisioned them, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology includes such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or the contemporary authors Philip Pullman, Scott Westerfeld and China Mieville.

Courtsey of Wikipedia
I think I understand Steampunk Art now.
There is also a market out there with
Steampunk jewelry.


Go here for Mosaic Monday with Mary and all her faithful participants.




8 comments:

imquilternity said...

Lovely mosaic. I didn't know what Steampunk was, but I love it. So interesting when you know the history! Thanks so much for the info.

Vee said...

They look great all gathered into a mosaic this way. Ohhhh, The Wild West is steampunk. Interesting. That may help me remember what it is all about.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I love steampunk! Was into it way before my young adult daughters found it...of course now they think it is wonderful too. Beautiful and yet very edgy!

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

Two of my favorite things (of course I have many) mosaics and steampunk! Steampunk has become quite the thing lately - I have downloaded a number of items of clipart and the word seems to pop up everywhere these days. Great post and love your trading cards!

La Petite Gallery said...

Peggy, I had never heard of this. Thanks for the info.
I must live under a rock, with snow on it.

Yvonne

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I like this!!! Wishing you a good week, my friend!!! Cathy

Bruno Laliberté said...

Man, (I know you're Peggy but let me call you "man" for a minute!!), your a gal after my heart!! I've been in love with steampunk for years now.
Great post!!
:)~
HUGZ

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I was unaware of what Steampunk was all about, so I found your explanation and the ATC cards very interesting!

~~~~~~~
Thanks so much for your kind words of sympathy, Peggy. They are very much appreciated. {{ hugs}]