Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Challenge Day 1.

Today is the beginning of Leah's Thanksgiving Challenge.


When thinking about my journey through life, especially in November, my thoughts are influenced by the fact that I was born two days after Thanksgiving Day on the 27th of November in 1937, a Saturday. Thanksgiving Day was on the 25th that year. Every seven years my birthday is on Thanksgiving day.
OOps forgot to mention, our 1st child, a son, was born in 1961 on the 26th of November.
One day before I was 24 years old.
We can hardly believe he will be 50 this year.



I am so thankful for the family that I was born into and the faith and values that I was raised with. 


 Born into two families as the very first grandchild I know how spoiled I was. 
But I was not pampered. The values of faith and integrity were always foremost in all my families dealings and daily modeling to me.


"Faith is the art of holding onto things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods."
C.S. Lewis

Go here to share your gratitude.


~

8 comments:

Vee said...

What a unique position you hold in your family. (My daughter also.) I can't imagine your being spoiled by anything so lovely. Did you love sharing your birthday with Thanksgiving festivities every seven years?

Sue said...

Hi Peggy,
A wonderful way to begin your Thankful Challenge, I too am thankful for how I was reared, with faith and integrity too. How wonderful that you were born in the month known for so much 'THANKFULNESS".
Thank you for coming by and for taking the time to say hi.
Sue

Leah said...

My Mom was born one day after you, and I also have a late November birthday 30 years after you both. Such a fun season in which to have a birthday! Lots of celebrating going on!

Thanks for signing up to join me during this monthly challenge. I pray it's an eye-opener to each sweet participant. We all have so much to be thankful for - we just need to have our eyes opened to it all.

Bless you this month, Peggy!

- Leah

Anonymous said...

some thing to be very thankful for, being born into a family of faith. Thanks for sharing!

Patrice and Higgins said...

A great thing to be thankful for...being born into a family of faith! Looking forward to hearing more thankfuls this month!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Love that CS Lewis quote you've shared, Peggy!

Unknown said...

My daughter and I both have November birthdays. Good things definitely come in November. Thank you for your post.

Sue said...

I am stopping by to say hi and read your list, and like it very much.
Sue