Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Friday, November 25, 2011

A blessing and Friday Shoot Out-theme-yard and lawn tools

As is my usual routine, after filling my mug with hot steaming coffee, I stepped out on my deck to feel the essence of the day.
It was 7:30, the day after Thanksgiving Day. 


As is it's usual pattern, frost carpeted the parameter of our property but, near the house where the trees are more dense,  the grass was vibrant in the morning sun.

"Good morning, QMM," a strong male voice said in the stillness.

I looked up expecting to see some one come around the hedges to the left, perhaps our grandson with the deep booming voice.

"Good morning."
Said the voice again. 
"Hello," I said. "Where are you?"

"I am where I always am, all around you. I have a gift this morning for you."
"Oh  I love to get gifts." I said

"Because of the love and fellowship in My name at your Thanksgiving celebration yesterday with your family, I have a gift for you. The sharing with others less fortunate than you, that your family did, was music to my heart."
The voice said.
"That is our regular routine on Thanksgiving. The homeless at our daughter's workplace needed several things.  She is Assistant Director of Programs at VOA family shelter in the city," I said as I looked all around for someone to attribute those words to. But saw no one.

"Look to the East," the strong voice said.

Before I even looked I knew who the voice belonged to.


I had been on the deck long enough to begin to feel the warmth from the gift permeating my cold body.

"Thank you dear God," I said, as I settled in the deck chair to say my morning prayers. 
 Giving thanks is not just for Thanksgiving day, as we all know, but remembering each day to stop and give thanks is not easy to do.
I go back to my everyday routine and have to be reminded each day of all the grand things in life.
The Son and the sun are two of the very best gifts in life.
Thanks be to Go.


Friday Shoot Out
Theme
Yard and lawn tools.
These are all modern tools and they mean WORK to HH.
This is the one I use the most.



This is where HH likes to see the tools.


Now here are some vintage ones I found at our niece's house.
These are just for looking and admiring.





Old tiller

Old horse drawn rake.

Manure spreader






Right in the center is a sickle for close work.

Quite a collection of old tools and lots of work to restore them all to their original look.

Go here for more Friday Shoot Out 




7 minus 1 Loves of my life.
Jennifer, Tom, Rachel
QMM, Julia, Beth, John.
Son Dwight in Texas.
Love all the in-laws too.
Wendy
Gregg
Tim
Could not corral them all for a photo.


Junior loves of my life
Hannah, Abby
Trenton, Thomas, Ben, Holly, Ellen.
Jill, Dylan and Nikki not present.


Looking at Ben looking at me.


Beautiful grand Nikki has started her own business in Henna art.
She stays busy as her generation is into body decorations, especially for weddings.
This is not permanent body art and very popular around here.


The hand she is working on is gd Abby.
Abby's dad would allow this, but not permanent tattoos.








8 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Thank you so much for starting my day with your Glorious Blessing! A very special post with wonderful photos of your home and family. Enjoyed it so much!

Anonymous said...

beautiful post, beautiful words and beautiful family, you always make me smile,

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by to play catch up after completing our olive harvest, what a lovely thanksgiving post, hope it was a happy day.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your morning devotion was beautiful! The giving of thanks should certainly be reserved for every day and not just once a year. The same goes for lending a hand and helping those in need. \

Wow! That tool collection is fantastic. Great family photos.

Wishing you and yours a happy holiday weekend. Tammy

Rudee said...

As usual, you've offered a lovely and meaningful post. I love your family photograph and the henna art is just gorgeous.

spiritsoflena said...

The henna tattoo is beautiful. I love the first shot, too, with the mist coming off the grass.

Jama said...

You sure have some good collection of interesting yard tools, some of them I have never seen before.

Henna drawing is very popular here,as it's in the Malay and Indian custom to hennaed the bride and their family during a wedding.

Pauline said...

A lovely post. Beautiful family. I like your vintage tools!