Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Finding Joy with the help of pokes from my blogging sistas

We all have read and been told about trying to find joy in everyday things.
We know it can be done.
For me I sometimes need a little poke.
On Thursday there are two places where I get a poke.


Share the Joy Thursday.

Go here for a poke.





There are three simple things in this  photo that bring me joy.
A painting done in last year's painting class, simple daffodils and the cobalt blue bottles I like to collect.
Painting brings me such joy and it reminds me to be thankful for the ability to do this and for the amazing woman that is my 'painting' teacher.
She doesn't call herself an art teacher.
She is so humble and full of joy.

To me she not only teaches painting she lives her life with joy. 

Go to Paint Page and check out some of her other pupil's work.




Celebrate Friendship with Ruth


Having ....Aveda's tea/the
Reconfortant

In a mug I got in Belize.....


Feeling .....snug and cozy in my home with my HH while a storm in brewing in the skies outside.


Thanking about.......we have rain, rain, rain here in our part of the country, more than enough and in Texas where our sun lives, there is one of the worst droughts they have ever had.

We must have empathy for all our fellow humans who are suffering under some burden.
Our prayers go up each day for folks all over the world to hang on to their faith and keep the hope.

This is a sad situation. The joy is in knowing that God is in control.
Go here for tea with Ruth.



For those with faith, no explanation is necessary. For those without, no explanation is possible. –Thomas Aquinas
 
 






4 comments:

Meri said...

A heartfelt post Peggy! Have you seen Noelle's post about the faith-based organization that is doing humanitarian relief in the Horn of Africa? You might be interested.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

yay for tea!
for friendships
for pretty meaningful mugs
and for women who share the joy like you do ;-)
stay joyfull
Carmen

rebecca said...

how i love your daffodils, so bright yellow above the cobalt blue. harbingers of spring, singing out in their perfect joyous voice!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

daffodils are always a welcomed after a dreary winter.