Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sepia Saturday

Sepia Saturday
Theme
An amazing woman.

As most folks know, that have followed my blog for awhile, my only sister died 28 years ago.
We were married in a double wedding in April and April is her birthday month.

I spend the entire month of April thinking about her more than usual and when I came across a forgotten photo of her I have to write about it.



This was taken in June 1958.
Myself, my brother age 12 and my sister at her highschool
graduation.
She graduated from St. Catharine of Sienna Academy in Springfield, Kentucky.
I had graduated from there in 1956.
It was a private girls academy.
My brother graduated from the county public high school.


There was an old boyfriend standing beside me and I had cut his picture off some time ago. LOL
She took a clerical position in our town and was working there when we were married in 1960.
After our marriage she went with her husband who was in the military.
I was an x-ray technician working for a surgeon in his private practice at the time this photo was taken.


My brother went into the military following his graduation from high school in 1964.

St. Catharine Academy for girls graduated it's last high school class some time  in the early 1970's
It is now a thriving University preparing to offer master and doctoral degrees.
It is absolutely a beautiful campus.


Go here for more Sepia Saturday.







20 comments:

Vee said...

What precious memories you must have of your sister. A double wedding is so romantical. I can certainly understand how April brings thoughts back time and again. I'm sure that you have your meaningful ways of honoring her. Blessings...

Marilyn & Jeff said...

What a wonderful photo to come across during this month when your thoughts turn more so to your sister. A lovely lot of memories here.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your sister. You were both very lovely young women, even minus the old beau.

;)

Rudee said...

How lovely it is that you continue to honor your sister like this. Sending you hugs as you make this emotional journey again.

Pondside said...

I remember your post about the double wedding. Lovely memories of your sister.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Time eases our sorrows a tiny bit, but I think it makes our memories stronger- how excited the two of you must have been on your wedding day!
I had to laugh at the snip-snip of the old boyfriend....I've done that before...poor fellas!

Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure these recollections are bitter-sweet as they say. Hopefully, more sweet than bitter. No doubt bitter is the wrong word, but that's the saying.

21 Wits said...

memories are such a pleasant blessing and gift that gives back every time we think of them!

Meri said...

I was thinking how young you both were at the time of the double wedding. . . and then I remembered that I was only nineteen. I'm so glad the average age of brides is older than that now -- though now many 25 year olds, male and female, can't cook, and I'm willing to bet you and your sister were quite capable domestically at 20.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Your sister is beautiful and looks so happy in this picture. I laughed when you said that you cut the old boyfriend out of the photo!

Take care,

Kathy M.

Karin said...

What a lovely memory of your dear sister - and those memories stay with us all our lives! That's a great shot of the three of you! I only know of another set of sisters who married on the same day - that is so special! Have a great week-end!

Postcardy said...

I like the way the old snapshots had the processing date in the border.

Unknown said...

Memories are our treasures of those who have gone on ahead; the remembered photo in this month is perfect timing for you. The photo of the 3 of you looking ahead is a keeper for sure.

Christine H. said...

What a warm and beautiful tribute.

Tattered and Lost said...

She's remembered and that's good. There are so many people to remember and when they flit through my mind I pause to reunite for a moment. It's wonderful you have such good memories.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I hope the happy memeories of your sister bring your comfort, Peggy. She is safe with the Lord and during Easter I think we all remember those who have gone to their glory before us.

{{Hugs}}

Howard said...

Beautiful picture, but such a sad story...

Shelly Ward said...

Peggy, dear, Peggy, She is so close to you still. With a one arm hug around the shoulder. She still loves you dearly.

Hang on to those memories, find comfort that you had the chance to be with her. God Bless you.

Dear sweet friendships.

Shelly

Anonymous said...

How alike the three of you look (making allowances for the sun in little bro's eyes). A double wedding sounds like a wonderful day to remember. Jo

La Petite Gallery said...

Easter is not the way I remember it, my Daughter is gone and there
is no one to color eggs for, or buy baby chicks. Getting old is hard, I have lost so many loved ones. BUT!!!!
I have my wonderful bloggers.
Have a great April. yvonne