Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Taking care of our feathered friends

It has been a cold chore for HH to get out during the first day of the snow, so on Monday he was out replenishing and rearranging all the bird feeders.
He laughed at me when I asked him to hang a red bow up for the feeding site.
It blew down doing the mini blizzard we had and when I looked out Monday he had even replaced the red bow.
He's a big teddy bear.

At least he can fill up the feeders in the garage.
He will NOT wear gloves.

This man will not wear gloves.
He says he cannot do anything with them on.
Nothing is going to stand in his way of getting the bird feeders full.
The snow had begun to melt away when we got hit again.


I love this shot of the doves all huddled on the bench.
They almost look like some furry animal.

We get so much pleasure out of watching the birds out our kitchen window.

Since I put all my arts and crafts items where they belong my kitchen table is so neat and looks so good.
But when I pull everything out I have a bad habit of not putting things away.
Well I said I was not going to make a New Year's resolution but:
I resolve to put my arts and crafts items away each day and keep my kitchen table neat and tidy.
We will see how long that lasts.
Some days my projects take a day or two to dry and I like to leave things exactly where they are til they are finished. 
Some times I have more than one going on.
I think I have heard that before.


Since we don't go out on New Year's Eve anymore
I tried to find an old New Year's Eve photo for my header.
It was so much fun to get to celebrate the New Year's Eve celebration with our children.
Son in red, his wife in blue.
Daughter in light blue with her husband.
Dad and Mom in middle.







10 comments:

Peggy said...

Those men.....have to be so macho! But isn't it nice to have them around to take care of us! Happy New Year!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It doesn't matter how often I clean my dining table off. Once I decide to start working on something, it winds up a chaotic mess all over again. Those birdies are so sweet all huddled up like that. I would definitely need gloves for the cold. My hands get really dry because I am always washing and cleaning. Friends have told me to wear the plastic gloves but I just can't do it, so I can understand why your hubby would not want to wear gloves. They just get in the way. Stay warm and cozy inside. Best wishes, Tammy

Bob Scotney said...

The photo of the doves is a tremendous picture. had they just been fed or where they waiting for the feeder to be filled?

Happy New Year.

Deanna said...

Hi Peggy!
May your Holiday be great! 2011 is on her way.
Wow,I stand amazed that the end of December is here.

You are such a pretty lady!

The picture of the pigeons is heart warming.
d

Michael said...

Happy new year to you too QMM! May I suggest you leave everything out for Creative Tuesday though? Hee.

thank you so much for your lovely comment you left recently on my blog. you are such a dear person. Really touched me, that. :)

wishing you and a great new year with your dear hubs. he is a good sort, isn't he? Aww about doing the bow! cute. BTw, i quite agree about not wearing gloves as he stated. :)

Rudee said...

He is a good guy to put that bow back up for you. Perhaps you can find him some flip top mittens that expose fingerless gloves. Eddie Bauer had a nice pair that I bought my father in law.

Karin said...

Awwwww, those doves on the bench look like they need a warm, warm cuddle! No winter gloves for me either when I'm working on something. Have a wonderful blessed New Year! God bless!

crochet lady said...

My guys never wear gloves either...even while ice fishing.

Happy New Year QMM!

Anvilcloud said...

Up thisaway, I find I like to wear gloves, but they are often on again and off again when I am trying to do things. That is a good photo of the doves.

My name is Riet said...

Good job, feeding the birds.
Happy NewYear