Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Monday, November 29, 2010

Magpie Tales #42

Magpie Tales #42




Not Just a Memory


 I filled the cup with grains of sand I found along the shore.
Just a silly souvenir of a carefree time we will see no more.
Memories of running along the shore were just a  thing we did then. No running for us these days.
Our legs are weak, our backs are strained.
Life has a way of gradually stealing all that you have to give.
With no thought of giving back for duty beyond the call.
We gave it all for the zest of life and now we have only sands in a cup and memories that no one would even believe.
Life doesn't allow for revitalizing by the time you reach our age.
But our souls don't need the souvenir or memories of another time, we have each other's hand to hold and the feel of that golden band, and
the tiny Christmas tree, with twinkling lights, on our table.



Go here for more Magpie Tales









11 comments:

Helen said...

Lucky the person who has someone to grow older with ... lovely writing.

Unknown said...

G'day Peggy ~ Lovely share ... memories for sure.

Hope you had a lovely holiday celebration.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a wonderful story, so warm and tender!!! Well done! Cathy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful poem! Memories are becoming more important to me the older I get :-)

God bless you and have a great week

~Ron

Unknown said...

aww, sure there is revitalizing despite the aches, the memories and the images are all there....I almost felt sorry for the ones sitting holding hands in their reverie....

Reflections said...

Having someone to share the moments and memories with is far better than to have the reveries of our youth. Much better than the loving cup trophies, or any other material things. Nicely shared.

Karin said...

Some days I feel just like your poem! Though our bodies ache, memories and images remain but may fade, our spirit is growing stronger in the Lord! Because we'll live eternally that is truly the most important part. The sands of time will eventually run out, but we've built on the Rock of Ages!! Beautifully written!

Peggy said...

Nice little story - you sure are faithful to these challenges!

Anonymous said...

This is so nice. Our victories change, but are just as sweet : )

Unknown said...

I purposely left this poem cynical and a little forlorn, just to demonstrate the lack of faith that some experience in the aging process. We had been through it but prayed ourselves out of it. I write my poems and then classify them in different moods.
QMM

The Sweetbrier Cottage said...

It is so good to come across your blog; I was afraid you had stopped blogging. Then today I accidently came across a comment you left on another blog and voila! here you are! Hope you and the family are well. Have a great holiday!