Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sentimental me, about a tree, Share the JOY



About 12 years ago we planted a Riverbirch tree in our front yard.
Or rather the nursery did.
We accepted his recommendation of what was a reasonable distance from the house to plant the tree.
I loved that tree.

I admit we did not routinely have it trimmed as we should have.
It has grown to be gigantic.

Just a few weeks ago we had it trimmed by a professional.

I asked him why he left those little twigs on there.
He told me we need those to see if it will leaf out this spring.






 Imagine my JOY when just a few days ago I see green.
I love the bark from this tree and use it to dry and use for some of my art projects.

Our plan was if it looks too ridiculous we could have it completely taken down at a later date.


I call our homeplace
Riverbirch Acre.


Go here for more JOY sharing.




 

5 comments:

Alexa T said...

Lovely post... nature is fabulous!.. It will grow even stronger than before...

Vee said...

Oh you must have been over the moon to see that green. Hope that it makes it for you.

La Petite Gallery said...

I hate to cut a tree, maybe if we all say a prayer it will come back
just as pretty. Hope it makes a great comeback.
yvonne

Peggy said...

Wow that's some 'trim'!! Looks like you'll be enjoying your tree again in the near future

Ruth Kelly said...

Some trees are very hardy. I had three quaking aspens in front that I had to cut down and it took poisoning twice to kill them.