Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, April 3, 2014

FSO-theme- Around the town










Around and about my town
Bardstown, Ky.
Wonderful lunch and fine dinner.

Housed in a historic old theater in downtown
Bardstown.
Had dinner there recently after the baptism of our first great grandson Graham.


The Journey of the Kreso's family began in war-torn Bosnia and brought them to Bardstown, Ky. Dzevad and Merima Kreso and their three young daughters fled their homeland of Bosnia to find a new life away from the terror of war. This refugee family was welcomed by this community almost 15 years ago. In their homeland they were successful restaurant owners, and after making their home in Bardstown, they opened Kreso's Family Restaurant.

Merima still dreamed of giving back to the community that had welcomed her family. She had a vision of bringing a little of Europe to the people who helped her start a new life. The realization of this dream is Mozart's Cafe, the result of Merima's European experience that developed from her love of art, classical music, and a unique dining experience.
 

The beautiful art and restaurant equipment were shipped to Bardstown from Bosnia shortly after their arrival and it is now a marvelous center of exquisite hospitality for our town.

The theater part was all kept intact and movies, plays and lots of unique entertainment are still held here.


There are wall to wall photos of Hollywood stars, so appropriate for a theater inspired restaurant.

Click here and see other beautiful photos from their website.

On this website you can see that the Kreso's
have done their part to help win the Most Beautiful
Small Town title.



When I go into town I never miss a stop at
FABS
Fine Arts Bardstown Society


8 comments:

GingerV said...

Your link isn't up on FSO? Your little town has such a big heart. Maybe I should pack up my warm cloths and my dog and move into your neighborhood. (Haha, don't worry, i wont - only admire from afar). I would love this restaurant. Hugs from Houston.

Mersad said...

Very interesting. There are lots of Kreso's that live here in Mostar where I live. I wonder where exactly they roots are from here. You told me once about them and their restaurant.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Pauline said...

Lovely post, Peggy. Our new residents can make our towns so much more colourful and interesting when they share their culture with us. I love the first shot of the restaurant, so elegant.

Unknown said...

"Daylily" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-sunday-drive.html

Donna L Martin said...

I'm hopping over from A Sunday Drive and liked your post about your town. What lovely pictures.

I am a 4th Degree Black Belt and children's author. For the month of April I decided to review 26 picture books as part of the A to Z Challenge. If you get a chance, I would love for you to visit my blog...

Take care,

Donna L Martin
www.donnalmartin.com

Donna L Martin said...

I'm hopping over from A Sunday Drive and liked your post about your town. What lovely pictures.

I am a 4th Degree Black Belt and children's author. For the month of April I decided to review 26 picture books as part of the A to Z Challenge. If you get a chance, I would love for you to visit my blog...

Take care,

Donna L Martin
www.donnalmartin.com

cedarmerefarm said...

Hi Peggy,
How lovely and romantic is Merima's creation! I love restaurants and cafes that transport me to another world visually while I enjoy their delicacies. One of my favorite things to do when I travel is to find a local hang out and "hang out" there. What a great treasure you have there in your town. Christa

barbara said...

Hello Peggy, it has been a while since I was on my blog, your just doing wonderful ,plus I have never been to FABS keep wanting to go by but don't glad that your enjoying their art.
Barbara nutt