Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Share the JOY with Meri



As I mentioned in an earlier post I donated money in each family member's name to a new home in India built and run by The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, Ky. of which I am an associate. The new home is Asha Kiran "House of Hope" in Dharuhera,India.
It is for the daughters of women caught in the terrible lifestyle of street workers.
Any boy born to the workers is taken and give to a wealthy family, as boys are more valuable in that culture and are permitted an education.
The girls are kept and introduced into the work at 12 years old.
The SCNs in India are working very hard to break that cycle.

Seeing our family involved in such work brings much JOY to HH and I and the enthusiastic way they all accepted the idea of a gift to help others added to the JOY.

Megan and Ben after reading their letters I had written for them and the story of the girl we are sponsoring.


Grands and our daughter discussing the 
gift to Asha Kiran and how they feel to be part of this great ministry. 
Grand Cindy showing her pride and gratefulness for healthy, almost due son, Graham. 


Thomas and Ellen, grands, stating how proud they are to be part of this also.
Thomas says
"I like this, Mamaw. It's a good thing."

All of the grandchildren were very grateful for this different gift and all agreed to contribute next Christmas to pitch in to make another donation to support our girl.

Go here to learn more about
The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth.
Select Ministries under the header and chose 
India and donate, if you should choose, at the bottom of the right column.

Go here to share more JOY stories.


No comments: