Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Personal photo challenge-the layered look



This was a fun challenge.
Not as good at it as I would like to be but thanks to Donna I will keep on trying.

Wanted this to look like on canvas.
Softened the original to 90% and faded to 0%.
I used a texture but forgot to write it down.


This is the original.






Used Light Prints on this.
Yellow

 Light prints on this, blue and moved the location of the rays.

Increased the saturation of color.





The original photo. 

Did these on Pic Monkey.

Go here to link up with Personal Photo Challenge




Also linking up with

Ya grandson made 3 TDs in the first playoff last night. 



 

17 comments:

Vee said...

Oh the one with the reds and yellows made me pay attention...I love that one!

Donna said...

Wonderful job! I know this particular challenge got you outside your comfort zone, so I'm proud of your bravery. I really like that colorful grungy window scene - it looks like a painting!

Jeanne said...

Wow! These are stunning!! I am learning here that knowing what you want before you start is a challenge in itself but makes the result amazing. I love the crop and rays on the window shot.

Donna said...

Awww! Love these! Nice job on them all...
hughugs

marilyn said...

Nice nice nice...of course I like the one with the red. Know you had a fun time doing this one.

Linda H said...

Wow- I love both your photos. Great job. This adding texture thing really is fun, isn't it? Your second one is spectacular with that vivid red!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always love seeing the brightened colors and you really made your photos POP! Great job!

ruthinian said...

I love your photo treatment. great job.

Ruthi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I think you did pretty good Peggy, thank heavens for PicMonkey for the grannies in this challenge. :-)
I like the view out the window where you added the paint texture and made some of the leaves a vibrant red.
Congrats to your grandson!
Judith

Priti Lisa said...

I have no idea how you did any of this, but they are all exciting...and before I miss it (and I hope I did =n't already) Happy Birthday!

Brenda said...

They look great!

La Petite Gallery said...

Peggy, these are beautiful, soon as I get the time I'd like to try this.
yvonne

ClickNCamera said...

I love the color and textures you achieved...wonderful! Enjoy your day...

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Nicely done!!! Have a grand week!!! Cathy

Lorrie said...

You've achieved some wonderful painterly effects with your photos. The window scene is particularly eye-catching. Great job!

Congrats to your GD on the touchdowns.

Cheryl said...

This really was a fun challenge, wasn't it? I am drawn to your colorful window view. I love all things fall, and those fall colors are catching my eye! :)

La Petite Gallery said...

Peggy, Happy Thanksgiving to you and beautiful family.
Renee and I are having a few friends and Neighbors over
for Thanksgiving Diner. Hope you have a great Day.
yvonne