Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Share the JOY Thursday

What brought us JOY this week.
We are in good health, comparatively, and the biggest JOY of our lives is the family activities going on.

Big family fish-fry on the lake at my bother's home coming up.

As folks who read my blog know it is football time for us.

Grandson Ben


 4th grade trophy winner.
Age 10
Been playing continuously ever since.

We have been watching him play all those years too.
Seeing him growing and becoming a wonderful young man.
A good student and wonderful to be with.

This year is his senior year in high school.
Scholarships in the future.

A new sports program on local radio asked our Ben to be their first high school athlete interview.

Last night we listened with pride as our Ben spoke to the interviewer in crisp decisive responses to the questions.
He was perfect.
No uhs, ers, you knows, you know what I means.

A real credit to his family, school and community.

 Ben with his game face on.
Not his usual grin from ear to ear that we know and love so much.

Everytime he runs onto the field our hearts swell with such JOY and pride in him and his Dad and Mom.
Showed his stuff this past weekend.
Ran oodles of yards and 2 TDs.

He will be 18 one month from today.


We always say a prayer too when the team runs out on the field.

In fact the entire team prays in the huddle. 

Of course they can't tell anyone that.

The coach says

"It's not me, it is their idea."

Thank goodness. 

Go here to share the JOY with Meri





4 comments:

Meri said...

What a wonderful young man you claim as your grand! He's a credit to himself and his parents to be so articulate, hardworking, and motivated. Blessings, Peggy!

Vee said...

Oh I can understand that pride. How wonderful that there is prayer going on...that warms the heart.

Hazel said...

Congratulations on your Grandson's achievement. What a joy indeed!

Patrice said...

Woo Hoo!