Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sepia Saturday- Odd photos





Just back from my week away and I am feeling a little odd. It has nothing to do with the food (which was quite splendid) nor the drink (which was pleasantly plentiful), I just feel like something a little odd. Take this photograph entitled "Boy with Birds, Goshen, Oregon" (from the Oregon State University Collection on Flickr Commons) - you have to admit that it is a bit odd. But we all have odd photographs in our collections and this week is there special week. Just find an odd photograph, put together an odd post, and post it on or about Saturday 20 April 2013. Then just add your link to the list below and join together with all the other odd Sepians from throughout the world.

Alan Burnett


When I went looking for a photo for today I typed in
"odd couple"
This is what I came up with  






Jessica  is only 4ft 10in tall and weighs less then 85 pounds, but has caught a bigger fish then many of us ever will. She landed a 9 foot long wels catfish that was almost 200lbs while fishing in Spain’s River Ebro. Jessica had a little help from her dad, and released the big cat after a quick photo.



On the bottom of the photo I was able to make out
Bournemouth News and Picture Services.


Established for more than 40 years, Bournemouth News & Picture Service is an independent press agency covering central southern England for world-wide media markets.

At our headquarters in Bournemouth we have a talented team of reporters, photographers and feature writers working round the clock to find tomorrow's news today.

Our customers include national newspapers, magazines, TV and radio stations which we keep constantly supplied with a stream of up-to-the-minute words and pictures.

As well as our excellent news service, we can broker the best deal for you and your story with the right magazine.

Our photographic department also covers commercial and PR assignments for some of Britain's top companies. We also have an archive of tens of thousands of top-quality images.

Whether you want to sell your story, commission a photographer or order a print, call or email us now and we will provide a fast and professional service.  


Guess you Brits will know of this company.

Go here for more SS 


 
 

8 comments:

Elisabeth OKeefe said...

Haha, that certainly is odd:) I'm not sure what else I could say!

Wendy said...

WOW and double WOW for that tiny girl to land such a monster fish!

Brett Payne said...

One more odd couple to add to this week's haul.

North County Film Club said...

That photo reminds me of those funny postcards with the giant rabbits or fish or kangaroos. But your example is the real thing. Too odd.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

They needed a photo to verify that fish story! No one would have believed it.

Alan Burnett said...

I have generally found that anyone from the Bournemouth area is just a little odd. The picture looks a little fishy to me.

Bruno Laliberté said...

Is the Bournemouth like the American "Enquirer"?!?
Me thinks so!!
Looks like bogus to me.
Pretty sure they also got a picture of Elvis as an alien shopping at Walmart, right?!?
:D~
HUGZ

Unknown said...

I have to agree when I saw it my thoughts were, that looks a little fishy. LOL.