Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, April 25, 2013

FSO- Sweets or not sweets.



My immediate family are not big sweets eaters.
When our children were growing up they never had dessert except for a birthday cake.

As adults our children and grands always have a girls night out birthday celebration.
Now on holidays meals we always have dessert.
Those girls know all the finest and fanciest fine dining places within a 100 mile radius of our home.



Since I was Dx'd with diabetes I only get the fruit.






Two beautiful desserts from fine dining restaurants,
names I do not remember.
They are obviously professional examples.

As I said I only get the fruit. 


Sugar free dessert I made last year for
4th of July family get together.

I choose fruit sans the dip.
It ain't easy folks.



Go here for more sweets on FSO


Well I am the spotlighter again so I definitely will not pick any of my pics.
They are all from my archives.

9 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh, how hard to pass up those sweets when they're sitting right in front of you! Now I think I need to go bake a cake! Hmmm....company tomorrow, so I can probably justify it LOL!

Ruth Kelly said...

Sorry to here about the diabetes; one thing I dread. Your deserts look outstanding.

Jama said...

I can never resist anything chocolatey but only in small amount.

marilyn said...

Your photos make me want to grab a fork and take a bite. I'm just thankful that dark chocolate is now on the 'good for you list' to eat (in micro bites, of course).

DawnTreader said...

The fruit looks delicious but it can be tought not being allowed to eat what the others are feasting on :)

~JarieLyn~ said...

Your home made fruit desert looks delicious. It's hard saying no to sweets.

Chef E said...

There is a little something for everyone! LIke pot luck after church, I love those you get a choice days!

Scriptor Senex said...

Oh Peggy, that is real hard luck. Those look so inviting it must be really hard to have to pass them up.

Suburban Girl said...

What a gourmet selection of sweets! But you are the better for not eating them.