Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Grandparents Say it Saturday


Love being a Mamaw!!!!!!!!



All grandparents love to talk about their grands so I like blogs about grandparents.
Love this Saturday linky.
It is my first time to link up.

We say Congrats to two seniors graduating from high schools this spring and entering the same college in the fall.

Bellarmine College

I looked into the website for the school colors.

Silver and Maroon.

I am making each one of them an afghan in the school colors for their dorm room.

 I feel that this chevron patterned afghan shows off the school colors best.

I am trusting they never look at my blog.

Nothing says love and warmth like a handmade item from Gramma when you are away from home. 

We are so proud of these kiddos, of course.

Go here for more Grandparents Say It.

Click on "Read More" to get to linky.
Love being a Mamaw.

   

6 comments:

Mamal Diane said...

They will love them! First time visitor. NIce to meet you and hope you'll link up to my Tueasday linky party called The Gathering Spot. I would love to have you :)Have a wonderful weekend.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Oh MY these are some lucky grandkids to have afghans from you. I'll tell you something! :) My grandmother, one year, made afghans for each of us grandchildren. I was in my early 20's then and that afghan was used by my family of three boys all of the time. It probably hit the laundry on a weekly basis. Now those boys are grown and I have grands and guess what...I still have that afghan and it is in wonderful shape! Thanks for visiting my blog today...come back again! I usually post almost every day / I should burn out soon, ha ha :)

Vee said...

Oh wow...they are going to be so happy with the gifts. Incredibly thoughtful of you!

marilyn said...

Grandma's Love in every stitch and a gift that provides warmth and beauty, too. Lucky kids.

Granny-Guru said...

Aren't you the sweetest Grammaw! They will love them! We had an aunt make a laundry bag in the school's colors when my son went to college. I thought it was so clever!

Connie Nelson said...

What a wonderful gift from you! I am so glad to have you link up with us, I hope to see you again :)