Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

You're gonna love it-One of my Christmas gifts.

Our daughter is 
Director of Sponsored Projects
at
Bellarmine University
in 
Louisville, Ky.

Recently they had some very interesting and artistic visitors to the university.
The Buddhist monks from Drepung Gomang
Institute in Louisville.
They did a beautiful mendela  on the campus and then symbolically emptied the sand into the waters near the university.
I have seen these monks in my town and absolutely love the programs they put on at our cathedral.
Of course they have cultural and religious items for sale.

She gifted me with this for me at Christmas 
It reads

THE PARADOX OF OUR AGE

We have bigger houses but smaller families.
more conveniences, but less time:
We have more degrees, but less sense;
more knowledge , but less judgement;
more experts, but more problems;
more medicines, but less healthiness;
We've been all the way to the moon and back,
but have trouble crossing the street to meet
the new neighbour.
We built more computers to hold more
information to produce more copies than ever,
but have less communication;
We have become long on quantity;
but short on quality.
These are times of fast foods
but slow digestion;
Tall man but short character;
Steep profits but shallow relationships.
It is time when there is much in the window,
but nothing in the room.

...His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

It hangs in my private bathroom so I can see it often and reflect how full of  wisdom this man is and how I can turn this paradox around in my life.


Go here for more items and stories to like

    


1 comment:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Just had to share his on my facebook page. It is wonderful and others should see it!!! You are a dear friend!!! Cathy