Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Shoot Out -My favorite holiday

My favorite holiday is
Christmas

Our family gets together every holiday but at Christmas we have our get together the last in the day and folks know they don't have to leave to go somewhere else as they do earlier in the day.
That is okay and everyone loves ending up at a place where they can lay back and relax.





Son John trying to pick his Mystery Santa gift.

He is a big comedian and when it is his turn he will make a comedic production out of it.

Most of the women buy the gifts and they never know what they might end up with.
If it is a really desirable item someone else make take it away from him.
 
My happiness comes from seeing him relaxed and having a good time. He works long and hard job as  manager of a huge diesel parts company.
I love watching siblings barter back and forth for gifts. The laughter is such a great feeling and the feeling of family is so comforting.

Sometimes funny childhood stories get told and even tears will roll.

  John's beautiful daughter Abby entertains with a song
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus underneath the Christmas Tree Last Night."

  The newest member of the group, our daughter's fiancee, wonders what in the world will I have here.

Well daughter Julia is "It" playing charades.

Julia and her hubby swapping clues. Is that fair?

   Daughter Jennifer thinks she will be safe by picking the gift she brought, which so happens
to end up being the one all the ladies want.



 Daughter Rachel, in burgandy, is only with us every other year as they go out of town to the other grandparents every other year.
She is the silliest of all.

The grands, Abby, on the left, Ben, Trenton,, 
Ellen and Thomas like having their own place to play and not have to listen to 
"Those silly grownups."


Oh course everyone has been to Church to celebrate the reason for the season
The Birth of Jesus.

 This is the same group of kiddos many years ago.
When they were little they always did a production of the 

Birth of Jesus

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Go here for more Friday Shoot Out.   



  

2 comments:

The Artful Diva said...

Every family has its own traditions. I hope you and yours enjoy a beautiful Christmas!

Pauline said...

Peggy, I knew your family traditions would be lovely. Yes, we are alike in that it's all about family! Is this a year Rachel will be with you? My son arrives home from Brazil on Monday so we won't have anyone missing this year.