Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Friday Shoot Out- Theme- What moves people in my town.

This is definitely not the post I had planned.
Until I figure out how to retrieve my photos that I had especially for today, this will have to do. 

 

People movers in my town.

Well now being as this is 
Kentucky Derby week-end in my state
take a guess what moves a lot of people around here.
A horse of course

Bronze salutes to the amazing
Thoroughbred .




The real thing right next door.

 Kentucky Bourbon.

Now you have got to admit these spirits move a lot of folks. 


Today is Oaks day at Churchill Downs.
This is called Kentucky's day at the Downs when the fillies run for the lilies.
It is also called Pink Day.
Cancer survivors parade around the track just before the races and most wear Pink.
 Actually it is called "Stand Up Against Cancer."
Admission and many things sold there today are for the fight against cancer.




 



Daughter Rachel and Gregg at
Dawn at the Downs this morning.




Grands at the Downs with mom and dad.


Having trouble retrieving photos,
so that's all folks.

Go here for Friday Shoot My Town. 






14 comments:

Jama said...

I love your interpretation of people mover, especially the Kentucky Bourbon! that's hilarious.

Leovi said...

I like these photos. Saludos.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Your daughter is very pretty and so are your granddaughters. One of the things on my bucket list is to attend the Kentucky Derby before I die. Hopefully, that dream will come true. Yes, I imagine the Kentucky Bourbon does contribute to moving spirits.

Unknown said...

Where at the hats!! I remember having my first Mint Julep, not at all what I was expecting :)

Libby said...

Oh, that's right! The Kentucky Derby - that's so great your family gets to go! You have a beautiful family; and I think that horses are a good idea for transportation. Not too long ago, they were all we had!

foxysue said...

Your pics are lovely, daughter and grands, just fab, oh and the Bourbon room, nice composition.

Have a lovely weekend. x

Bagman and Butler said...

Those horses look like they are kissing rather than getting ready to race. I always look for your blog -- you have not missed a week since the first of the year! Hooray for you!

GingerV said...

this is great - very specific to your town and creative too. love the pink feathers. and the boubon spirit mover. behave yourself this weekend now. hugs from Brasil

MizzKay said...

A very novel take on transportation, a great set of photos and I like the way you "think outside the box" (hate that expression but was the only one I could think of that described it best.)

Scriptor Senex said...

That's a great (and novel) selection, thank you Peggy.

Scriptor Senex said...

Sorry if this appears twice but having problems commenting...

You have made a wide (and novel) selection there. Thanks.

Pauline said...

Sometimes what happens instead of what is planned is for the best. This post would be hard to beat, I'd say. Love the bourbon shot - think I may have been moved by it once or twice in the dim and distant past. Your family look lovely on their day out!

DawnTreader said...

I live your take on people movers!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Do you dress up to the nines on Derby day?