Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jesus calling.

Sunday January 22, 2012



Holy Gospel Reading

 

Gospel, Mark 1:14-20

  After John had been arrested, Jesus went into Galilee. There he proclaimed the gospel from God saying,
'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is close at hand. Repent, and believe the gospel.'
  As he was walking along by the Lake of Galilee he saw Simon and Simon's brother Andrew casting a net in the lake -- for they were fishermen.
  And Jesus said to them, 'Come after me and I will make you into fishers of people.'
  And at once they left their nets and followed him.
  Going on a little further, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John; they too were in their boat, mending the nets.
  At once he called them and, leaving their father Zebedee in the boat with the men he employed, they went after him.
This is the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Praise be to God.


How wonderful to read of Jesus going about called his disciples to come be with Him as the kingdom of God was close at hand.

We are also called each day to follow Jesus as the kingdom of God is close at hand.
This does not mean the world is coming to an end. It means that we are offered constantly the chance to walk with Jesus and help to insure that all of us are ready to enter the kingdom.
No one knows the time or the place when one will be called home to receive our promised reward.
I want everyone I love and know to share that reward with me.
I pray that I may share His love with everyone I meet physically or in cyperspace.


 

6 comments:

Joyful Noise for a Joyful Life said...

Recently I was approached by a friend who said she couldn't stand Christians who try to cram Christ down her throat. This led to a conversation where I was able to share my heart. I never want to bully anyone with Christ or my faith. What I do want is to be bold enough to share my faith. I could not imagine walking through life without my God right there beside me to listen, guide, and comfort me. Sharing my faith is so that others I love won't be alone in this life and will have the support that I have that Jesus provides with his presence.

Peggy said...

Praying right along with you!

Karin said...

When someone has been truly blessed by the Lord, there is such a strong desire to Pass it on - isn't there! We want everyone to have the joy of the Lord! Have an awesome Sunday!

Vee said...

Wonderful sharing today, Peggy. We share Him because we love Him and understand that ♪Everybody Ought to Know♫ who He is. That's the song that your post reminded me of.

Deanna said...

Sweet Blessings to you!
To be a Christian comes with earthly and heavenly benefits!!!

Being a child of God is royal.
God bless,
d

La Petite Gallery said...

I don't know how anyone can live without Faith.

yvonne