Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye to 2011, welcome to 2012. The Year of Renewed Hope

Every year I name the new year, sort of like the Chinese.
2011 was 
The Year of Surprises.

Yep there were several of them.
Some good, some not so good, but at the end of the year they have all been dealt with and what seemed like stressers turned into blessings.
We must all be ready to use  serenity, courage and wisdom when things happen and give them time to settle into a beneficial situation rather than reacting in a state of panic. Once things begin to settle then we are able to focus on the best actions to take.
For example when I was diagnosed as diabetic in February I was flabbergasted but after nearly a year of taking better care of myself , I feel better than I did at this time last year.
The stress of learning that was allowed to subside, I followed the plan laid out for me by my doctor and that particular surprise took a turn for the better.


The good, the bad and the beautiful.

I am naming the year 2012

The Year of Renewed Hope

The past year in review can be seen on my sidebar in a slideshow.


Happy New Year to all my loved ones and all my blogger buddies.




9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Peggy, Happy New Year to you and your family. I wish you all the best in 2012.

Anvilcloud said...

Happy hoping.

La Petite Gallery said...

Wishing only good thing for you Dear Peggy..
yvonne

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Happy New Year and blessings to you and your family!

No longer available said...

Hi Peggy,
I set up a blog, as you suggested. Still trying to figure some things out. If I can't figure it out I will call on you. My address is:
http://theartistinnebz.blogspot.com
Please take a look when you get a chance. This is really going to be fun, I think.
Your cousin, Nancy (Edelen) Blacketer

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Happiest of New Years to you!!! Have so enjoyed our journeys together and look forward to the coming year's adventures with you!! Cathy

Karin said...

Love the name for the New Year! I do pray that there would be renewed hope both for you and yours as well as for hubby and me! Thanks for your words of encouragement! God bless!

Deanna said...

Peggy, I am so glad you are feeling better. My husband was diagnosed last January that he has type 2 diabetes. He has done really well in watching what he eats and is taking care of himself better than I could imagine.

I was dumbfounded when I found out. Took us all by surprise.

Love you.
God bless you and may this year be wonderful,
d

Retired Knitter said...

Renewed Hope! I can really relate to that desire. I am keeping 2012 as my year of new beginnings, for me and for my mom.

Happy New Year dear blog friend. And thanks for all your words of wisdom this past year when I was just so low. For you it was probably just a moment - a quick comment - for me it was words to think about and take a breath with.

A very good 2012 to you.