Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Portraits of Rose, The Desert Rose and Magpie Tales #79

Mosaic Monday
with
Mary
Oh oh 
Sorry No MM today.
Carry on



Desert Rose
The hotter it gets the better she likes it.


Moss Roses hockneied at Big Huge Labs.





Flowers of the night shots.




Magpie Tales # 79


This photo shows a load of innocent looking 
fun loving teens, but one night one of "the girl next door" didn't make it home.
I will never forget her.

to Sue


we knew too late

we laughed and giggled and thought we knew it all
no one but us knew how to love and drink and sneak around
all over town

especially none of those adults

a sedan full of bodies just driving to jive at the Jane Todd Inn

10 miles of road to get us there and 10 to get us back

but oh what a road

thrill hills galore

we knew no fear, we knew no tomorrow we didn't know

one night
tomorrow wouldn't come for one

we knew too late.

Peggy Jones.
8/21/11


Read about
Jane Todd Crawford



Go here for Magpie Tales with Willow

Also sharing here with Jingle Poetry Monday Potluck


Happy birthday dear Son-in-Law Tim.








9 comments:

Jackie Jordan said...

What a sad story. I sorry for the lost soul...

Jinksy said...

Sobering thought.

Sue J said...

Teenagers think themselves invincible - that's the worry for every parent. Good take on the prompt.

Anvilcloud said...

A nice ode to Sue.

La Petite Gallery said...

Sad story, I had a school mate we lost. He was Most handsom. a rodeo clown and took a summer job as a line man with the Houston Elec co. Hit by lighting. We were all so devastated. Why did God take the beautiful inocent?
Yvonne

Brian Miller said...

sad...this brings up a few memoreis of friends that never made it home...we were immortal back then, at least in our minds...

Martin said...

The invincible qualities of youth. Some of us have had lucky escapes. Others not so lucky.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Great pics!!!!! Have a grand day! Cathy

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of that beautiful young soul. As teens we all thought we were immortals and I am so thankful for those who do survive those years.

Happy birthday to your son-in-law. I hope he treasures his beautiful mother in law in the manner she deserves.

Sending you blessings for a lovely week, Miss Peggy.