Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mosaic Monday

Mosaic Monday
Shots from my day at the Nazareth Picnic.
There were at least 4 other large activities going on in our town this week-end.

I spent my day here.
Tom and Gracie welcoming guests
Setup under the trees
Displaying my wares, flip flops
Hats
Purses
Picnic dinner in the AC with a good friend
Doing my volunteer time in the Visitor's center 
My purchase of Journey Beads
(More about them later)
The oil painting by Marie Becker that my bid won in the silent auction.


I am so pleased with this painting.
It was done by my oil painting teacher and good friend Sr. Marie Becker.
24x30
It will hang above my fireplace in the living room and I will finish the rest of the decor as soon as I decide on what is appropriate.
It represents my logo and philosophy of my blog
Daylily.

Can you believe these are made out of paper.
Journey Beads
click to visit website

More about them later.



Go here for more MM




14 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That picnic looks like it was a lot of fun! Love the day lilies!

BernieH said...

Your Picnic Day looked like a whole lot of fun. Loved Tom and Gracie! Your wares look pretty darn good. I think I might have been tempted to purchase something if I had been there. Sr Marie's painting is just lovely. What a wonderful addition to your house's decor.

Karin said...

Love that painting!! It's great! Oh, and that sweet young couple on the bench is amazing!!

Lorrie said...

Picnics are a great way to spend a summer afternoon. And what a lovely painting you won.

Elizabethd said...

Your painting will be a beautiful thing to enhance your home. So glad your bid won it.

Retired Knitter said...

Oh my, you are soooo right. That picture is perfect and it is lovely even if "daylilies" aren't your theme. I love it. It speaks to me too.

Anvilcloud said...

Seems like a nice outing/picnic/retreat/auction.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

The picture is wonderful! So lucky for you to know the artist! Have a grand day! Cathy

Snap said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Love the painting that you won. Fun to know the artist! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

wow...gorgeous painting
and so meaningful for you!
looks like a great community day :D
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

That painting is gorgeous and the beads...so interesting...and pretty. Looks like you had a great day!!!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots from picnic. I am sure you had a good time.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! What fun! I would love to have been there! The painting is beautiful and I love the jewelry! Fun mosaic! ♥ And thanks for the pretty painting you sent me! I will cherish it! ♥

Cassy said...

I love the painting of Marie Becker. Looks very nice.

Cassy from Learn How To Read Tablature