Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Doing my Thing Day and Adventure Express

Don't forget 
I need two more followers on this fairly new blog to make 100 and then there is going to be a giveaway.
 




My SIL has been crocheting as long as I have. When she is seated she is always crocheting.
We went to Gulf Shores Alabama together one summer and she crocheted all the way there and all the way back.
She is like me she doesn't watch TV she crochets and listens to TV.

Well when she saw my plastic yarn items she wanted to learn how to make the py, plarn.

So we spent an enjoyable afternoon visiting and I taught her how to make plarn. 
She even came up with some new idea of her own and shared them with me.

She is a fast learner.



While she was learning and laughing up a storm I pulled out all the work on a tote bag that was not going the way I wanted it to go.

I have an idea our husband brothers will be watching us makeing things with plarn while they watch TV tonight.


Art Project this week.


I just love this little teapot.







"A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints."


Well this post today has to do with adopting a new viewpoint.

I ask the question.

When does one purchase a new appliance?

For months now this woman who is in charge of the washer, dryer and dishwasher has been trembling in her boots as each one of those little beauties does their job.

Any woman will tell you they know the sounds of their appliances and they are  just as fine tuned to them as to the sounds of their children.

We know every wheeze, gurgle, start and stop and everything in between.


 Months ago I heard the washer and dryer in the laundry room dying.

It was a hard struggle.

We knew we had extra money coming in could they last until it did get here?

Friday afternoon when I came home the washer was still full of water and clothes.


It would not spin.
Not on normal, delicate or heavy settings.

The dryer made a noise but only got hot and did not go around and around any more.


 Saturday morning was spent selecting a new washer and dryer.
We choose the Frigidaire.

The pedestal under them was extra.

We got one for the washer.

One for the dryer would not leave us any room for clothes to hang on the rack above it.

I love the pedestal.

All the washing and drying goodies are stored there. and I do not have to bend over so far to unload the front loader which is new for me.




Saturday morning when I went to take the clean, I thought they were clean, dishes out of the dishwasher, they were still dirty and no sign of water had been near them.

It had died too.

The new washer and dryer would be delivered Monday AM at 9:00.


Now we needed a new dishwasher too.


The extra money we were expecting had come on Thursday.
The fates always know when you have an extra dollar.

Whee 






Saturday afternoon was spent wringing, by hand, all the clothes in the washer full of water. By then it was not a pleasant smell.
Then we had to dip as much water out of the washer as was possible.


Then when I discovered the dirty dishes I had to take them all out and wash them by hand. We had had visitors and there were a lot of dishes.

At 7:00 AM on Monday morning I began to try to reach the appliance store to see if we could order a dishwasher to be delivered at the same time.

I had gone on-line and found one that was just right.

No answer at the appliance store until 8:00 AM.

Of course they could deliver a new dishwasher too.
No trouble. Be there at 9:00


Sunday was spent learning all the new sounds and thanking God for them.
Now I can relax for awhile.
I know every woman and maybe some men know what I mean when I say we know our appliances. 
Well the guys know their trucks and other vehicles.
  So I cannot decide.

Do you buy a new appliance as soon as you hear terminal sounds coming from it or do you just let nature take it's course and run down and just stop?

I do not know at this point.


But HH and I are hoping we will not need a new appliance for many years to come.

Whoa

What is that noise I heard from the side by side fridge and freezer?

A woman just knows. 



Go here for more Adventure Express maybe someone will have a beautiful trip to talk about.
Like the trip I was planning before the demise of the major appliances. 








 

8 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

I am wondering were the appliances that bit the dust Whirlpool? We have had to replaced every Whirlpool appliance in our home. The new Dryer, (just a basic model) I bought was a Roper, to my dismay when it was delivered there in small print were the words a did not want to read....."A Whirlpool Appliance".
Deb

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What an adventure! There is not telling where our adventures will take us or under what circumstances. You did very well and now the sounds at your house are probably much quieter. Wishing you a grand day! Cathy

Crystal said...

Plarn is an interesting use of plastic. Years ago I tried to crochet with plastic bags that were tied together but my projects didn't look too great. I like you, crochet while watching tv. I just can't sit still, never could. :-)

Anvilcloud said...

You have 100. I am a follower but just not on the list because I do it differently. I think I should be eligible for a special gift just for pointing that out. :)

Rudee said...

On the flip side of the appliance conundrum, you WILL notice a difference in energy efficiency. My new energy efficient furnace makes my heart sing when the heating bills come.

By the Bluegrass said...

Only one more to go! I'm 99. :)
xo,
Sena

Karin said...

My sympathies in the loss of your appliances! So glad you had $$$ coming in to buy new ones! Enjoy! I love that teapot! So adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh Peggy, only 1 more follower and you will have reached your milestone! I know they will arrive any minute!!!