Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adventure Express and Doing my thing day

h
"A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints."





We don't travel to new places much anymore so my adventures will be in the category of the other examples.

The newest and latest book I just enjoyed was
John Grisham's
"The Confession"

I have read all of Grisham's books.

This one is about the incarceration of the wrong man and the role DNA now plays  in the practice of law.


Adventure Express with GrandmaK starts today and I am a little late but of course, better late than never.

It is also Doing my own thing day so I am joining these two.


Of course anyone who follows my blog knows that my newest thing is creating wearable items out of plarn, plastic yard, and I am doing a number of items for the summer picnic at the Nazareth Campus to raise money for all their missions.


This is one hat and purse finished and I decided to try to come up with some summer shoes to go with these.
Oh heavens did my daughter ever laugh at these.
She is a down to earth girl who does not like what she calls foo foo things.
It is all in fun, you know.


 I was very careful that the addition of the plarn did not irritate the foot and these don't feel a bit different with the plarn than they did without it.
Just a little fun thing to add to the project.






My newest creation.
I added a row of burgandy with gold lettering from Heavenly Hams stores.
Since I only had two bags that was just enough to trim something.


This was made from a pattern that could also be for a man's hat.
I may remove a couple of rows from the brim and make it into a man's hat.
I could turn the front brim down and put a little crease in the top.


Would definitely need a couple of rows removed from the brim.









Trying very hard to get a good macro shot and I got this one last week.


Now I can try painting this little beauty.




Clematis around my fish pond.










This was one of the art class projects that I missed doing so decided to try it on my own.
I am okay with the work but my word 'clematis' did not come out good.
Gonna have to try to amend that or do it again.




Done with acrylics.
The shiny look is from the glossy finish I applied instead of the matte I prefer. Picked up the wrong can of spray.





I was lucky enough to find this beautiful frame at a thrift store and have been planning a painting to go in it.

I liked the colors of blues and purples in the original print so that is why I chose the 
"Clematis"
to go in it.

Now, when I get the painting to look like I want it to, we will have it finished.


Working on the painting will be my goal for today.


Go here for more Adventure Express fun 
and share your adventure with us.
Maybe a new book you read that we have not heard about or one that you recommend.









6 comments:

bj said...

O, daylily, your blog is just beautiful. I love your background.

I have lost count of the times I have prayed that, when I wake up in the morning, please let me either be able to SING or paint a beautiful picture. :)))
You are very blessed indeed to have been given such an awesome talent.
xoxo

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Thank you for allowing us to journey with you!!! I'm so glad you shared your adventure!!! OH!!! I really love your sandal!!!! WOW!!!! Cathy

Betsy Brock said...

Your plard creations are just adorable! I want that hat!

Karin said...

Oh wow, you have really been doing your thing and doing them well and beautifully to bless others! Wonderful!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Gorgeous crochet. What a clever idea about the sandals.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well. I'll be back!

Rudee said...

You do some incredible things with your plarn!