Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday 2011






On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, “Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.” And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, “Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass’s colt.” These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him. (John 12:12–16).


The mob mentality is what comes to my mind when I read or see reenactments of the entire suffering and death of Jesus.

What would I do in the same situation?
I would like to think that I would not follow the angry mobsters, but I do not know for sure.

I do know that the choices I make each and every day indicate my belief or denial of the Divinity of Jesus Christ.
I pray dear Lord, that I may never betray you and always trust in your love, so evident in that Passion week before Your death and resurrection. 
We are entering the holiest time in the church.
Holy Week

All of my life since I was old enough to know and understand, Holy Week has been the most sacred time as we prepare for the great feast of
Easter.
The Resurrection.

The event that proved the man Jesus is
God.


May all the blessings of Holy Week be upon all our blogger buddies out there in cyberland.






 

2 comments:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

So beautifully written with love and care.. It amazes me how the people thronged to welcome Him one week and then kill him the next. But as you said, Mob Mentality..
Blessings to you Peggy..Love your new look...such a joy to behold.

Elizabethd said...

We have written in a similar vein today. It is the saddest thought, that people should be so ready to turn...as you say, a mob mentality. And it happens today.