Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Magpie Tales #62 and Food for thought

Magpie Tales


Learning a New Diet
(Might as well embrace it)
 
Eggs
Nutritious, satisfying
Protein
Two Eggs,
Cholesterol, meat, per diabetic list
Too much 


Before a dx. of DM just a few months ago
I delighted in my two eggs for breakfast.
I didn't know eggs were considered meat.
They knew.

Nutritionists

Hooking up with Magpie Tales






One of my friends and fellow art students has her own business.

"Debbiedoesstuff"

A printing company

Each week she publishes a small newsletter and distributes it to all the places of business in our town and to her friends.


Her ads for the different businesses are entertaining as well as informative.
Yah Debbie.

This was one of the articles this week.

John Lennon once said , "Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans." The only moment we have is the moment that is right now. And, yet the distracted, regretting something that happened yesterday, or already thinking about tomorrow. When a friend is faced with a difficult challenge such as disease or other personal problem, we all realized how lucky we are to be blessed with our own perfectly ordinary day, the kind of day they would have given anything to have back again.
When we pause long enough to be grateful for what is, we realize that every ordinary day is a gift, and suddenly , instead of taking our lives for granted, we begin to appreciate the beauty of everyday things. 
I hope you have an ordinary day today...
 Debbie  Ables.

Nothing has clarified this philosophy for me more than my participation in the different memes and challenges in the blogging world.
With my trusty camera by my side, every time I leave my driveway I am on the lookout for something to appreciate, maybe even to photograph.

Even if I don't need a photo for a particular meme, I have gotten in the habit of noticing everything.

The different colors of the grass and crops on the many farms on my ride to different places.
I promise if you meet me on the road, I am very careful to pull over and stop before taking a shot.

How has blogging changed your world or has it changed it at all?
For good or for bad?


6 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

My best wishes to you for your diet! Embracing it is good. Wish more of my patients had your attitude about the diet! God bless!! Cathy

Anvilcloud said...

Blogging has certainly become a large part of my life. I tend to think of blogging as writing my memoirs. I plan to print some in a book or three and trust that the book(s) will have a long life after mine.

Helen said...

Stay healthy ... you have many more Magpies to write!!!

Isabel Doyle said...

food for thought indeed - all the best

Steve Isaak said...

Distinctive, effective take on the prompt.

Reflections said...

Those diet adjustments can be a bit toilsome... good luck with a smooth transition.

Wise friend for sharing the wisdom of taking time to notice even the smallest gift bestowed us each and every day.