Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mosaic Monday- Spring is coming and Jingle Poetry Potluck Monday

Mosaic Monday

Soon we will be out photographing new blooms and flowers.
I took my walk today around our property looking for signs of the soon to be.



Not much color, but the signs are surely there.
Left
1) Day lilies (Will be the last to bloom but will last the longest.)

2) Rhododenron (This will be the first to bloom. It is on the east side of the house, protected from the late hot sun of the day. Just where it likes to be.)
3) Tulips (These will be in full bloom by Easter.)
On the right
the beautiful distinctive river birch.
It will soon shed most of the loose bark and take on 
a smoother trunk.
I love it like this though.

Just to add a little color, here is a picture of the Valentine's Day gift from one of our sons.
A beautiful quilted bag and hat by
Donna Sharp.
She is a well know quilter in our area.

Go here for more Mosaic Monday 




Jingle Poetry Potluck Monday


It's Free




I really cannot write a poem
I just put the words out there.
If they fall on someone's heart 
Or saddened soul somewhere,
I feel I have shared my heart 
And that's the best of me.


The gift of giving love away is really a gift to me.
The more you give the more it comes right back.
It doesn't cost one thin dime or even a single peso.
It comes from on high like the ray of sun that I love so.
Throw it away
It comes right back.

Go here for the fun of Jingle Poetry

So here is love to you.
P Jones 2011








Here is the painting I did for my beautiful gd Abby.
She told me pink, green and all bright colors.
She is a fun loving spirit.
I even did my first attempt at painting a person.
She loves it.







11 comments:

Rudee said...

I love the painting! Listen, I got about 15 minutes to appreciate the evergreen shrubs out front, and now they're coated with an additional 8 inches of snow that isn't slowing down.

Sigh...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm also looking forward to Spring, Peggy. Usually the first thing to bloom in my garden are my daffodils.

The painting you made is beautiful and so it your son's Valentine gift!

Karin said...

Need spring so badly - can't wait! What a lovely painting - so much lovely color!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a grand mosaic! Wonderful layout too...how did you do it? And oh, won't you look just beautiful in that glorious hat and carrying that bag! WOW!! Have a grand week! Cathy

Anvilcloud said...

Give us two more months to catch up. Maybe three.

Lyn said...

Makes me believe that spring will soon be here..even though it snowed again this morn!!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love your potluck entry,

FREE yet we must take it seriously since words do wonders, words also hurt.

Kathe W. said...

great post-FULL of life, love and creativity!

Anonymous said...

could smell the flowers from your poem.. my potluck's here: http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/metamorphosis/

Anonymous said...

Great write and fantastic painting!

Anonymous said...

divine post...
keep it up.