Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Monday, February 7, 2011

Magpie Tales #52

Happy Anniversary Magpie Tales
What a fun year it has been.
Where I Met the Big Wide World
Every Saturday I trudged along, cold, hot or in between.
I had to have my library books and felt just like a queen.
Rebecca, Answer As a Man, Pride and Predjudice, I will never forget your names.
No TV for us, iPods, cell phones or electronic games.
I was just about eight years old and did that until thirteen.
Reading; reading in daylight and with a flashlight under my blanket and in between.
My little library in my little town was the birthplace of my love of literature and creativity.
The place where dreams were met and took their place in my future sensitivity.

Peggy Jones
2/7/2011







Go here for the celebration of Maggie #52

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omygosh! I LOVE this! It reminds me of myself and I was going to write a post about the loves of my life - books being one of them. Even in the world of ipods and nooks and such, I still love, love, love my books and I have a love affair that just won't quit with the library in my town! Awesome post! :o)

Maggie said...

Wonderful words.

I love your blog. It's so happy!

Deanna said...

Hi Peggy!

Sarah said...

Libraries were my little piece of heaven too!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Your tale brought back a lot of book-laden memories. Nice.

Lyn said...

So much like my young life..you brought it back! And mine was in the big city, but hearts that beat as one....

Emily Young said...

Ah, I remember those wonderful Saturdays... and the delight of picking out a new book! You captured the joy of childhood perfectly. Thanks for reminding me :)

Louise said...

Anyone who writes remembers fondly childhood memories of books, you captured this very well, especially like the closing lines.

Donna B. said...

Oh how I remember those library days...seaching up and down the isles for a good book. The wonderful smell in a library...thank you for the memories. Well done. Really enjoyed your poem.

Kristen Haskell said...

Oh the library what fond memories I have and still am making. I use that place like the idea was just for me.

Trellissimo said...

Reading by torchlight under the bedclothes! How that takes me back!

Jinksy said...

Long live libraries...

Tess Kincaid said...

I don't know what I'd do without my little local library. I love-love-love your header, QMM!

Kathe W. said...

where would we be without our libraries? I love my library!
Wonderful post!

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, yes! Didn't we love libraries and books. Oh, yes!

Debora said...

Oh yes...I first visited a little library in a house by the lake when I was six. I was shocked that they actually let me take books home...it was pure magic. You wrote my memories. Thanks.

Helena said...

No fanciful or digital nonsense in my day either! I love your poem! Let's hear it for our books!!

Strummed Words said...

Lovely use for the green house - a library!