Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday.

For my VTT I decided on an large mirror that belonged to my husband's mother and father.
I was told it was originally my husband's grandparents.
Which would make it very old.
When we got this about 40 years ago, there were two, they were painted
white.
I repainted them in gold and had some of the broken pieces fixed by a lady who did that king of work in our little community.

For Christmas I hang the metal bronze colored angel from Southern Living at Home.

Here is a close up of the detail of the mirror.
The woman who repairs theses applies a glue in the shape of the missing swirls and scrolls, lets it harden and then paints over it with the paint of your choice.
Sorry it is a little dark.
Double click for more detail.

Go here for more VTT




7 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I could do with your lady around these ways : I have a treasured picture frame that is missing some of its plaster scroll-work

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That is a lovely old mirror. Always a wonderful thing when there are those who have the skills to repair such family treasures so that they can continue to be enjoyed. Hope you are having a great day. Tammy

LV said...

A very pretty mirror and the way you are using for the holidays is a great idea.

LV said...

That is a great vintage mirror. It looks great the way you are using for holiday decorations.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

How very pretty!!! You have some very pretty vintage thingies!!! Have a grand evening! Cathy

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful mirror, how nice you were able to find someone to repair it. Happy VTT!

Anonymous said...

Thats a beautiful mirror, I love the look of it with the angel hanging in front.