Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Once Upon A Time Recipe





Cathy is featuring a traditional recipe meme.

This a recipe that my mom always served at Christmas time.
I used it for years after I married then replaced it with other salads and would then go back to it.
My grandchildren now count on it.
Frozen Fruit Salad
Cream together until well blended:

8 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
Whip and blend into the cheese misture

1 cup whipping cream
Fold in: 1 tbp. lemon juice
1/3 cup well-drained marachino cherries chopped
1 cup well drained crushed pineapple
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.
Arrange salads 5 to 10 minutes in advance of serving to allow the salad to thaw sufficiently for convenient eating.
Decorate the top with cherries or nuts.
Garnish with water cress or other greens

This recipe lives in the pages of my mother's 
The Household Searchlight Recipe Book, that is now mine.
She received this as a gift in 1936.

It was published by 
The Household Magazine
Topeka, Kansas
1936



 Go here for more goodies with Cathy


8 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh thank you!!!! This one I am going to have to try!!!! It looks so wonderful!!! YUMMY!!! Cathy

Doris Sturm said...

That sounds good - I will try that! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love the older recipes best!

lovestitch said...

Dear Queenmothermamaw, :)
Thank you so much for stopping by, and your lovely words on my blog. I really enjoy it!
Looking forward to seeing your crocheted projects! They must be very beautiful!
Have a great day!
xxx

Peggy said...

Mmmm - sounds good! Thanks for sharing!

La Petite Gallery said...

I want to come to your house, Yummy
it looks so good.

yvonne

nollyposh said...

Chrissy food! Yey!
And Thankyou Hunny for dropping by my bloggy today... just when i needed a friends shoulder (((hugs))) xox

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention. I sometimes use fruit cocktail. Just pour off the juice and use the fruit.
QMM

The Sweetbrier Cottage said...

Yum! That looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. And thanks for visiting my website!