Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Many of our grands like to select a gift for us in addition to the gift their parents give us at 
Christmas.

Several years ago Hannah and Holly
choose these items for our gifts.

Hautman Brothers Pitcher
Cardinal in Holly


Vase
Cardinal in Holly




The Hautman Brothers have established themselves as America's foremost family of wildlife artists. The three brothers have received numerous honors and awards, and have been a dominating presence in many state and national duck stamp competitions. At last count, the three brothers have seen their art featured on over 43 state and federal conservation stamps. Jim, Bob and Joe are the only brothers to win the prestigious Federal Duck Stamp Contest - which they have now won 8 times! The talents of the Hautman Brothers as well as their unique family gift were mentioned in the motion picture "FARGO." They have received national accolades on television and National Public Radio, and from newspapers such as USA TODAY, THE WASHINGTON POST, THE SATURDAY EVENING POST, MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE and THE ST. PAUL PIONEER PRESS, as well as TIME, US NEWS & WORLD REPORT, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, U.S. ART, FUR-FISH-GAME and NORTH AMERICAN HUNTER magazines. The Hautmans' artwork has been displayed in the OVAL OFFICE and the SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTES in Washington D.C.
These are so beautiful and I particularly love to use them at Christmas.
I am so grateful for the precious grandchildren that God has blessed us with.
Go here to see more beauties on VTT 
 

13 comments:

Karin said...

Ooooooo! They are lovely! Very thoughtful grands. Very lucky grandparents!

Coloradolady said...

These are just beautiful. I love the cardinal on the china. What sweet and precious gifts. Happy VTT!

Alan Burnett said...

They are quite lovely (as I am sure the grandchildren are too)

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What lovely works of art. The cardinal is such a lovely bird and in holly it certainly adds these festive holiday pieces! Thank you!!! Cathy

Anvilcloud said...

Those are neat. Your grands have good taste.

LV said...

You are doubly blessed. Wonderful grandchildren that loves you and showers you with lovely gifts.

Tara Beaulieu said...

Oh beautiful pieces! My mother has several cardinal and holly pieces out in our house at Christmas time when I was growing up. Not sure if they are the same as yours or not but they certainly made me feel nostalgic! Happy VTT!

La Petite Gallery said...

They have very good taste. You must be very special to them.

yvonne

Peggy said...

What gorgeous keepsakes

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Those are beautiful pieces! I adore Cardinals and such fun to read about the family of artists.

Happy VTT,
Sally

Jeanne said...

I love the cardinals featured on the vase and the pitcher. Awesome gift given to you with lots of love. What could be better than that? I loved the history too. Most of all I love birds in general.
Hugs, Jeanne

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

They are delightful Peggy. Grandchildren are a treat. I saw many cardinals on the bird feeders while living in TN. Beautiful birds..Hug. CML

Jocelyn said...

Very lovely. I just found a Cardinal bowl yesterday as a Christmas gift for hubby's sister. I hope she likes it. They are so colorful.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/