Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.

Do not copy any of my artwork, poetry or photography without my permission.
....carpe diem. The Daylily. "Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun." Khalil Gibran. She gives her all for just one day then bows her head to God and fades away to nourish the next generation. God I pray I may give my all each day to honor you and bow my head at the end to nourish the next generation. Peggy Jones. NOTE............ Please folks do not copy any of my art or photos on my blog without my permission. Thank you for your good manners.

Blogs full of blessings

Friday, August 26, 2016

My heart is heavy

Soulful Friday







Beautiful Nazareth Campus in Bardstown, Kentucky and myself are in mourning for the useless murder of one of our sisters in Mississippi.

Paula Merrill, SCN and her room mate Sr. Margaret were brutally murdered in their home in Missippi on Wednesday night.
It appears to have been a robbery, according to the officials in Miss.

Sr. Paula and Sr. Margaret were devoted registered nurse practitioners who  ran a clinic in the poor section of Mississippi devoting their time to all the needs of the people.
Medical, social and much counseling.
They were loved by all.

Paula Merrill, SCN


 I had just seen and spoke with Sr. Paula last Friday as she was at Nazareth, where I work on Friday, for a meeting.
She was so gracious and happy to see me.
She had worked at the Home Health Agency where I worked, a few years ago.

Our hearts are in pain at the loss of these two saintly women.
We are asked to pray for them and their families and those who did this terrible crime.

Linking with Soulful Friday


5 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I read about this....such a tragic world we live in these days...and such senseless acts of this kind. It's disheartening.

I too have a heavy heart.

eileeninmd said...

Oh my, such sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the sisters and their families.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Sorry for your pain and the senseless death of these two Sisters. I have been watching it on the news. I saw today that an arrest had been made.

Deanna said...

Peggy, I am so sorry this happened. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of evil in our world. How can we carry on, but for the love of God and His promises to take care of the evil.

Pondside said...

Peggy, I was so very sorry to hear this. I heard it first from my father, and then read about it in our paper. It is terribly hard to understand such evil. May eternal light shine upon your Sisters in Christ.